these settings are really rad! I started playing around this it and got pretty results:
enjoy!! o u o)/
An Alternative to Traditional Boot Covers
This was pretty well-received on my Facebook, so I decided to throw it up on Tumblr as well. :) I recently tried out a new idea for customizing boots for my Zidane costume, and it worked out just as I’d hoped! It was a great route to go since I didn’t want to cover my boot soles with fabric (like traditional boot covers do), and I also didn’t want to have seams going down the front all the way to the toe. This method may not be ideal for all applications, but I thought it was worth sharing!
Sorry that this isn’t very in depth. Unfortunately, when making my boots, I didn’t photograph certain critical steps, and those steps are difficult to explain without a visual, so I decided to just make a semi-tutorial that explained the gist of the idea. If you have any specific questions about how I did this though, feel free to drop me an ask! Or, better yet, send me a PM on my page (conversations are so much easier to follow that way). :)
I’ve been meaning to do this for awhile since I’ve gotten so many people asking me what I use to make Avialae. I say *toolbox* but really these are just the pens I use to ink this specific comic with…I have…so many pens…
There are captions with the images explaining the tools.
01. Kuretake Disposable Pocket Brush Pen - Extra Fine
I use this pen the most. It makes a nice clean line that doesn’t budge with water.
02. Kuretake Disposable Pocket Brush Pen - Medium
Same as #01, but a much bigger tip—good for filling in blacks.
03. Uni Pin Pen 02
I use this pen the second most. I like a finer line and more control when inking faces and smaller details, so this does the trick for that.
04. Uni Pin Pen 01
For the tiny tiny details.
05. Kuretake No. 40 Fountain Sable Hair Brush Pen
I don’t use this pen much for this comic but it’s my favorite to ink with. I use it more for larger illustrations.
06. Pilot Color Eno .07mm - Soft Blue
My dedicated bluelines pencil! I like the Eno lead because it doesn’t break easily when I draw with my meaty claws.
07. Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen
For fuckups and cutting back into lines. (This is not waterproof, so I usually use this last.)
08. Kuretake Fudebiyori Pocket Color Brush Pen - Light Gray
I use this for freckles. That’s it. That’s the only purpose.
09. Kuretake Fudejokochi Brush Pen - Gray Ink
10. Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pen - Mouse Gray
This pen is kinda cool b/c you can dip it in water and it acts as a pigmented watercolor pen. Of course I blindly disregard that and use it as a base for darker gray fills.
11. Pentel Brush Pen w/ Gray Ink Cartridge
Similar to the Akashiya, but it doesn’t react with water as much.
12. Pentel Aquash Watercolor Brush Pen - Light Black
Dark gray fills/darker shadows.
13. Sumo Grip .5mm Mechanical Pencil
I don’t use this so much with Avialae, but I do all my sketching with this chunky ass mechanical pencil. It’s easier to hold??? Idk. It’s blue.
14. Uni Boxy Eraser
Yooo this eraser is awesome. It erases even my blue lines and it doesn’t leave an obscene amount of eraser shit.
15. J. Herbin Fountain Pen Ink - Gris Nuage
Gray ink! I use this in combination with my waterbrush pens to do most of the values in Avialae. It layers nicely and using gray ink helps me from making values too dark.
16. Kuretake Waterbrush - Medium
You fill these with water and squeeze them to keep the brush wet. I keep this one clean to do light values.
17. Kuretake Waterbrush - Large
I fill this one with diluted gray ink to do darker values.
18. Kuretake Waterbrush - Flat Head
Big ‘ol waterbrush to do big washes with.
I also do a lot of editing in Photoshop b/c I do most of Avialae while on a large amount of sleep medication*~*~*~
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
I have seen heaven and it is a beautiful place
Mendeley is the greatest program ever
I want to weep with joy every time I use it
Just click a button when you pull up an article and it will automatically save it to your library
And cite it for you
And you can use it on your mobile devices
And it’s free
Just download it and you won’t have so many urges to kill everyone in sight while writing a research paper
Thank you so much!
ive been seeing a ton of character creator stuff going around on tumblr and i wanted to make my own! so here you go, one with eye color, hair length, hair color, height, weight, clothing style, emotions, poses, and species
feel free to pick and choose if you dont like a catagory, an option you got, or if one doesnt make sense (aka if you get the pose “on one knee” and the species “mermaid”)
have fun guys, and if you draw a character using this, tag it with “marcharcreator”, id love to see it! reblogs are also really appreciated. enjoy!
hey guys, i made this yesterday, have fun using it and please reblog :D